Hey everyone! I am excited to do the coast to coast trip, hopefully next summer. BUT in order to be able to do it, I need a sponsor. Spread the word! Here’s a letter for companies to read about what I’m looking for in their sponsorship. It’s a great opportunity for so many people!
Sponsor Promo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEaLHKPVWNQ&feature=youtu.be
I need a company to sponsor my 3,000 mile coast-to-coast unicycle ride that is aimed at raising money to send deaf kids to college. (This cool video explains the details).
The sponsorship I am seeking will give me the funds to pay for supplies, equipment, an RV that will accompany me during the ride, and a PR representative that will set up news and journalism opportunities during my journey from state to state. The sponsor of my unicycle trip will have a unique opportunity to support the deaf community and receive a large amount of favorable press. I see this as a win for all parties.
I’m motivated to make this ride because I was born deaf. At 14 I got a cochlear implant and spent 2 years learning how to hear. Though I still have challenges, I’m finishing college and currently teach high school Art and ASL. Most deaf children are not as fortunate as I have been, so I want to raise money to give them similar opportunities to pursue their dreams.
I recently completed a 728 mile unicycle ride from Orem, Utah to the Canada border in 15 days, traveling as many as 107 miles in a single day. This Facebook Video that explains what I did and what I am going to do garnered 50,000 views in 36 different countries. The story of my ride was also picked up by a local Montana newspaper and I was asked to interview by KSL, a news organization that serves Utah and Idaho.
My two month, 3,000 mile ride will take me from California to Maryland along the RAAM trail. The ride will be fastest trip coast to coast on a unicycle and I am submitting an application to have my ride in the Guinness Book of World Records. My fundraising goal for the trip is between $100K and $300K, which will be raised by “selling” each mile from the trip. One hundred percent of the funds raised will be given to The Deaf Dream, a nonprofit charity that works to send deaf students to college in developing nations. I have been working with The Deaf Dream on this initiative for the last two years and they are committed to supporting me and arranging speaking engagements for me at several locations after my trip.
Benefits to the sponsor:
- You will have a unique opportunity to reach loyal, niche audiences. For example, the 360,000 million deaf and hard-of-hearing people in the world, and the nearly 100,000 people each year that take classes in American Sign Language (the 4th most studied language in the USA).
- I will wear your company logo for the entire two-month trip, and I will ride most of my miles on highways that have heavy traffic.
- I will post your company logo on my Facebook page and website (OneWheelMan.com), and publicly thank you for your support.
- In the videos I create prior to the trip and after the trip I will share that your company was my generous sponsor. These videos will be posted on YouTube, Facebook, my website, Instagram etc.
- During the public speaking engagements on the way back I will give a shout out to your company. These speaking engagements are being coordinated by The Deaf Dream.
- You will be empowering the first ever college students in many countries.
I am committed to pursuing this challenge to benefit those in the deaf community that don’t have the same opportunities that I do and I look forward to discussing how we can make a mutually beneficial agreement. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!